Call for Workshop Proposals
Data Science is at the forefront of new scientific discoveries. It plays a significant role in all aspects of our daily lives. The 9th Swiss Conference on Data Science brings together researchers, developers and innovators. SDS2022 takes place on June 22-23, 2022.
The conference also fosters the community of data scientists and engineers. We follow the motto „together we move faster“. The goal of SDS2022 is to foster the exchange of novel ideas for Data Science. In 2022, the focus topics will be
- AI for Cybersecurity and Data Protection
- AI for Humanity
- Developing, deploying and operating machine learning-based systems (MLOps) and
- Implementing socially-acceptable data-based applications.
We invite the community to propose special thematic workshops and hands-on tutorials. The topics should have a high relevance to important sub-fields of Data Science. The workshops and tutorial will take place on Wednesday, June 22, 2022.
Proposals should involve a relevant sub-community, and present tangible outcomes. Workshops could deal for example with shared dataset challenges, hackathons or competitions. A tutorial should show educational objectives. The workshop organizers are responsible for the venue and catering.
If you would like to organize a workshop, please send us your proposal by email to:
Submit your proposals in 3 pages and include the following information:
- Workshop / Tutorial title
- Names, email addresses and affiliations of the organizers
- Workshop / Tutorial description
- Workshop / Tutorial outline
- Workshop / Tutorial duration (half or full day)
- Description of the target audience
- Maximal number of participants
- A description of the publicity and promotion plan
- Why will the workshop attract a large number of attendees, besides the organizers?
- Dec 06, 2021: Submission deadline
- Dec 16, 2021: Acceptance notification
- Jun 22, 2022: Conference Workshops at your venue, Switzerland
- Jun 23, 2022: Conference takes place at KKL Lucerne, Switzerland